On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:49:17PM +0100, Baruch Even wrote:
> > AFAIK the period for proposals is over.
> The time to submit proposals is just now starting, it starts on 1st of
> May 2006 according to the SoC Student FAQ.

I was talking from the Debian point of view: we have no more time to add
new proposals to the Wiki page. Did I get it wrong?

> I think that a week or so from now the time for applications will be
> over and by 22nd of May all decisions on which projects are to be
> accepted or rejected.

Ok, this is the point I'am mainly concerned about. Thus here is a bunch
of question: do we, as Debian, have a maximum amount of project we can
accept or similar? Can we accept as many as we wish or not? Who does
decide the limit? In case is there such a limit, how do we internally
decide which projects we will accept?

> To be frank, I'm new to this as well so I don't have all the answers,
> I'll try to research it more and come back with more details if/when I
> have them.

To be even more frank: even if I registered as a mentor, I haven't yet
had the time to look at the FAQ (it's huge!), thus I asked hoping
someone else did :) So, many thanks for your time!

Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/