* Bastian Venthur:

> See what I mean? Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but isn't
> that a contradiction?

FWIW, I agree there is an apparent contradiction.  In German legalese,
it's called "venire contra factum proprium" and can it make it
significantly harder (or even impossible) to successfully sue someone
who disagrees with you how the conflict should be resolved.

We shouldn't pamper over our internal conflict on this matter by
adopting a highly ambiguous position.  Ambiguity is a common mode of
conflict resolution, but it comes back to haunt you sooner or later.