First, as one of the drivers, I'd like to explicitly say that I like and
approve of the changes dato made to the draft in his dep0.dato branch,
and the comments he's had on the discussion so far.

On ke, 2008-01-16 at 19:50 +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > Assuming that the number of DEPs will be significant, I think it would
> > be a good idea to separate ACCEPTED DEPs into two groups, namely
> > "historical" which nobody needs to read, because their text is included
> > in some authorative document (policy, devref, whatever) and "current",
> > which may be useful to read because they aren't included anywhere (DEP0
> > will probably stay there, for example).
>
> OK, this front remains open.

I think it's reasonable to want to deal with this in some way once the
number of DEPs becomes large. We can introduce a new state for them at
that point. It's probably a pretty minor issue, though, which is nice.

I'm happy to see that so far there's been no opposition to DEP0. If that
situation continues for a few days, I think we can take the next step
and take this to debian-devel-announce.