Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11790 March 1977, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>
>>> In my experience, package splits go through in a week or two except in
>>> rare situations.  That never seemed like a difficult wait to me.
>> Ack. Same for adding debug packages and similar things like soname bumps.
>
> Those are all simple additions of binary packages, and yes, NEW does
> handle them special. They get sorted in front of all the rest, so they
> are processed early.
I don't understand, why pass them through NEW anyway?
Why check that specific set ("old packages that introduce new binaries")
for incomplete debian/copyright?

Either
  a) there's no point for ftp-masters to check those or
  b) ftp-masters should regularly check a random set of old packages
each month, whether they had new binaries or not.

i.e. there are tons of packages that had major upstream
versions/copyright additions without passing through NEW and there are
tons of packages that frequently pass through NEW without any copyright
changes whatsoever.

Something is definitely wrong here, IMHO.

Regards,
Faidon