On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:45:06PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> And to drive the idea further, what about a public-maint group that
> everyone with an alioth account can commit to? That sounds like an
> interesting experiment to see if random people generate good commits
> or tend to screw things up. (There's still someone who need to do the
> actual upload. I'd hope they do review changes.)

That reminds me of an old idea discussed with Roland, Raphael, and Sam
(Hocevar) years ago: provide a web-based admin checkbox that will enable
DD-wide access on all repositories associated to a given alioth project.

The rationale was that of easing the control of DD-wide commit access
right by project admins, which is already possible (and used by various
teams), but requires bothering Alioth admins, AFAIR.

I never come up with the energy of writing the needed [1] *forge plugin,
mainly because I've never even looked at *forge code. I re-throw the
idea in the bucket here, as someone interested in more liberal commit
access rights might want to pursue that too.

Cheers.

[1] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2007/08/DD_wide_commit_on_alioth/

z...@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/