Hi,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 05:14:04PM +0000, Steven Cooper wrote:
>         Hello           I understand that Debian OS has open source security
> software.           However, i wonder if, in particular, you know of the
> software i am looking to find? In other words, may you please assist by
> letting me know if there is some way i can secure my Debian     installation
> with the following configuration...           The security configuration i am
> interested to set is:           - Debian does not boot without preconfigured
> pendrive stick in USB port
>      - immediately after boot then a pass phrase expected to be entered
>      - if only one of the two above mentioned criteria is not met then then
> login is impossible           Debian hard disk is to be encrypted, then
> copying or partial burning with failed login is impossible (or interpreting
> what the data is on the disk is impossible).           Please may you inform
> if this is possible with open source softwares? Also, please may you explain
> which the softwares is?           Thank you
>      Steven Cooper

You can seek assistance for this kind of configuration from
debian-u...@lists.debian.org, #debian on OFTC.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      j...@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
                        layered on top of bonghits