On 11/03/14 19:22, Paul R. Tagliamonte wrote:
> http://bugs.debian.org/535645 is perhaps relevant:
>

>   2. reaffirms the ftp team's authority to exercise their own judgement in
>   deciding to remove packages from the archive, whenever this is done for
>   reasons consistent with the twin mandates to keep the archive operational
>   and to support the archive needs of the Debian Project.

point 3 in that decision then talks about

"objective, measurable, technical conditions that a rejected package
must meet in order to enter the archive,"

No mention of legal (or, if relevant, moral) conditions.  I suspect the
rejection of the package in question would not be on technical grounds
that would involve tech-ctte either.

Also, please don't take my email as a criticism of the FTP team or a
lack of faith in the team's ability to make a sensible decision - I am
just suggesting that it may be helpful to have a policy written down for
dealing with these things so everybody feels that it meets the goals of
transparency.  Whether that policy comes from the FTP team or from the
project as a whole is another question.