On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 04:27:11PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>> > I went to their store and asked and they quoted additional costs of
>> > £700 for a *single* made-to-order kilt.
>
>> Ouch! From what I remember when I got my kilt, 700£ is really really
>> pricey. I know that North-America is probably on the wrong side of the
>> world for most of the people interested in ordering, but I recommend
>> Burnett & Struth's[0] as a kilt maker. They're located just north of
>> Toronto, Canada. They made my personal kilt (combination of machine and
>> hand sewing) out of a very uncommon tartan (I think it had to be custom
>> woven since nobody kept it in stock) for about 650–700 CAD (~410–440£),
>> tax included. The fabric was heavy weight (16oz I think) at that. On a
>> side note, they also made my band kilt, which is 25 years old and still
>> looks great apart from wear on the leather buckle straps (easily worn
>> 10-15 times a year).
>
>Given that next debconf is in Montreal, may be it would be sensible to
>see placing an order for a few quilts with Burnett & Struth's ?

Could do, maybe. I was also up in Edinburgh a couple of weekends back
with Andy, and we spoke to one of the companies up there too. He's got
the details and I'll let him post more info... :-)

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the