On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 09:37:11PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> "Non-profit" means that Debian does not distribute surplus profits back
> to people such as shareholders.  It does not mean that Debian can not
> make a profit on the sale of a t-shirt, as long as that profit is
> re-invested in the organization.

This will be highly dependent on the local laws for whatever trusted
organisation the proxies it for Debian.

On the other hand, I at least would prefer if Debian didn't put in
money to have a stock of merchandise. Merchandise seems to happen
anyway.

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh