Hi all,

>From time to time (usually during flamewars) the issue of potential conflicts
of interests sometimes comes up in various places in our around our community.

I wish to first state that I have never felt that any Debian contributor that
I know has ever acted against the best interests of the project. I have no
personal concerns about conflicts of interest with any of my Debian colleagues.

However in the interests of transparency I feel that a voluntary, opt-in
"Register of Interests" is a good idea for the project. I feel that such a list
(populated) would demonstrate the transparency and openness that are part of
our project's values.

To that end I sat down just now to create it. Unfortunately wiki.d.o appears
to have died whilst I was doing so. Here's the wiki text that I will be
submitting at my next opportunity:

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland