On 05/06/2017 03:54 AM, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 10:40:10PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>>>
>>> Absolutely. However, you may know that commercial distros are making
>>> their certification program a non-free (as in: you must pay your beer)
>>> thing. I do believe it'd be a fair way to get free (as in free beer)
>>> hardware for the DSA team. It's up to us to define the terms.
>>
>> Free as in free kittens?
>
> I'm not interested in hardware as payment for certification. It's too open to
> abuse. Charge a fee for certification testing; use the funds to buy hardware.

If we made such a decision, I'd be very supportive of it. We could make
it in a "soft" way, ie tell that we accept some kind of (re-occurring?)
sponsorship, and providing a range of acceptable payment. We could make
such payment not completely mandatory, but strongly recommended. I'm
convinced that, with proper wording (meaning someone *else* than me
would attempt it, as I don't think I'd be the best person to write such
thing), it would work, and help the project to find more sponsors.

Your thoughts?
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)