Hello,

I’m sure you’ve seen the latest new story about the Equifax breach
<http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/technology/equifax-hack-qa/index.html>.
The fact that half the country is at risk is quite sobering, and it doesn’t
help that it will take some time to see how all of this plays out.

In the meantime, we must do what we can to help senior loved ones stay on
point with their credit and avoid becoming victims of fraud and identity
theft. Seniors are highly susceptible to financial scams, so giving them
the tools to protect themselves can save a lot of heartbreak and trouble.

Because protecting our senior friends and loved ones is so important, I’ve
put together a list of resources that I thought might interest you and your
readers. I hope you will consider sharing them.

5 Easy Steps to Help Avoid Fraud and Identity Theft

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickclements/2017/03/30/5-easy-steps-to-help-avoid-fraud-and-identity-theft/>

Addiction-Related Fraud: Spotting the Signs and Successfully Confronting
Your Loved One

<http://www.drugrehab.org/addiction-related-fraud/>

Preventing Caregiver Theft

<http://www.aarp.org/home-family/caregiving/info-04-2012/avoid-caregiving-theft.html>

Preventing Home Improvement Fraud

<http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/preventing-home-improvement-fraud/>

7 Steps to Take if You’re a Victim of Identity Theft
<https://www.lendup.com/blog/seven-steps-if-victim-identity-theft.html>

How to Protect Yourself from the Three Biggest Types of Homebuyer Fraud

<https://www.redfin.com/blog/2016/10/how-to-protect-yourself-from-the-three-biggest-types-of-homebuyer-fraud.html>

In the meantime, I hope you don’t have to endure any issues as part of this
unfortunate information breach.

Thank you in advance,

Richard

Richard Wright

Elderscorps.org

rich...@elderscorps.org

If you don’t want to hear from me in the future, please send me an email
letting me know.