Hello,

Ian Jackson - 07.01.19, 16:57:
> Miles Fidelman writes ("Re: Censorship in Debian"):
> > On 1/6/19 1:38 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > [systemd stuff]
> >
> > [systemd stuff]
>
> I appreciate that the fights over systemd have been a defining
> experience for many of us.  Many of us are still bitter, me included.
> I also appreciate that in some respects these fights are still,
> unfortunately, being fought and harm is still being done (although
> things are much less bad than they were).
>
> But I really don't think it is helpful to link the recent arguments
> over behaviour in the project, with init system diversity problems.
>
> The issues are very different.  And the toxic emotional and political
> baggage from the init system stuff is really bad.  So bringing init
> system stuff into this conversation about acceptable conduct just
> increases the hurt and argument, but does not lead to any better
> conclusions.

As much IMO its important to let go, forgive and clean up anything still
left over from that debateā€¦ I agree with you.

I got the impression that from reading in various threads that the
current issues seem to be used as a dumping ground for other stuff that
is not directly related to it.

I wonder whether it would be a good idea to have something about non-
violent, i.e. peaceful communication in one of the next major community
events like Debconf and maybe also one about mediation.

I have read the the KDE project had something about non-violent
communication in their last KDE Academy event.

It appears challenging to me to sort out the issues about the recent
Code of Conduct enforcement actions without communicating face to face
or at least via voice.

Thanks,
--
Martin