]] John Paul Adrian Glaubitz

> I don’t know what “m-f-t” stands for in this context, sorry. I’m on
> mobile at the moment though so my phone might be messing up
> things. Sorry for that.

Mail-Followup-To.  Don't Cc people unless explicitly requested.

[...]

> But that’s just your personal opinion on what the focus should be on
> when supporting a good cause. Someone else could argue about more
> diversity in software. We have something as the “Debian init
> diversity” project after all which is also a non-commercial but a
> community effort.

I don't get your focus on commercial vs non-commercial here, I think
you're the only person in the thread talking about commercial concerns
as something that even enters the picture.

> I think it’s up to every free software developer which cause they
> would like to support. After all, free software also means we work on
> the projects we are passionate about and not what’s commercially
> viable.

Sure; feel free to support the m68k porting effort as much as you want
and in any reasonable fashion you want.  Nobody is going to stop you.

I'm arguing against spending Debian money on toolchain maintenance (for
a port that's no longer part of Debian proper even!).  Not what you or
GCC upstream or anybody else does with their own time and money.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen