Hello Debian maintainers,

I have a few questions regarding the debian project and I will be glad for
some answers:

1. regarding the release management - from a quick scanning of the release
I have noticed that are 6 release types:
jessie
jessie-security
stretch - security
buster
bullseye
sid

I would like to ask what is the difference between each release (what
actually each release means), can different releases may obtain the same
version (i.e sid -7.4.1 and buster-7.4.1 is possible?)

2. stable vs. unstable suite- meaning and difference?

3. regarding the security tracker (
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/)
the different pages in tracker refers to different vulnerability types I
will be glad to understand what each page refers to since I don't fully
understand from the description.

4. is there one specific debian host that holds all debian packages? if not
is there a debian host for debian packages that are listed in the security
tracker?

Thank you!

--

*Itzik Reuven*

Data Analyst
   & Software Developer

+972-53-8203-727

www.WhiteSourceSoftware.com <https://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/>

Ariel Sharon 4, HaShahar Tower 32 Floor

Givatayim, Israel 5320047

*WhiteSource <http://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/> empowers businesses
to develop better software *
*by harnessing the power of open source*
<https://www.facebook.com/whitesource/>
<https://twitter.com/WhiteSourceSoft>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2440656/>