On Friday, April 10, 2020 11:59:59 AM PDT Neil McGovern wrote:

> What about forums.debian.net?
>   I have no interest in interacting with a community of users and
>   moderators who allow blatent Code of Conduct violations to go
>   unchecked.

As a newcomer I am genuinely interested to understand this.

Readings this it looks like there is a split in Debian community.
And Instead of fixing problems with people who moderate forums Debian
just decides to throw in another tool into the mix? And part ways with Debian
Forum
community?
Sorry, makes little sense to me.

And separately, I got interested in  Debian because it was using mailing lists
in the first
place.  Mail is decentralized by design and this is why it is so important for
freedom of
speech.  Now you suggest a centralized platform
for communication, because it is easier to moderate (oppress freedom of
speech). To me
it sounds like: "Yes you can talk, but only if you do it on my terms, on my
territory".
Moderation is a slippery slope, using centralized communication platform is one
step
closer to dictatorship.

--
Ihor Antonov