On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 09:47:20PM +0000, Saurav Sarkar wrote:
> Hi,
> I was using purchased Debian 8.1.0 and wanted to upgrade to some higher
> versions after using it for few years.
> So I downloaded Debian 10 and found that "root" account do not have full
> rights that is "root" user cannot right click on the root's Desktop even
> "root" user cannot see the root's Desktop Icons also.

This is probably a user level query and probably not something suitable
for the list that goes to the entire Debian Project - follow-ups to the
debian-user mailing list perhaps?

> I emailed to you but no reply came.
> I thought maybe downloaded version have problem.
> So now i bought Debian 12.1.0 and found that the problem resists, that is
> "root" user cannot right click on the root's Desktop even "root" user cannot
> see the root's Desktop Icons also.

Various of the desktop environments discourage direct log-in as root because
this can cause security problems. In GNOME, there is a setting that you
can manually make to allow root login in gdm, but this is not recommended.

> In Debian 8.1.0 there is no such problems.

With respect, Debian 8.1 is quite a long time ago - security threats (and
security practices) may have changed quite a lot and large parts of the
Debian codebase have been updated because of security bugs in those years
.
> So i want to know Why "root" or "administrator" account do not have Full
> Rights to their Desktop ?

This GUI login as root has been discouraged for a long time but you can
find ways to enable it if you wish.

> My money gone to HELL.
> Bye,Regards,Saurav Sarkar

With every good wish,