Hi,

I would like Debian to discuss and decide on the usage of AI-generated content
within the project. I fear that we are already facing negative consequences in
some areas of Debian as a result of its use. If I happen to be wrong, I'm still
afraid that it will happen in a very short time.

You might already know that recently Gentoo made a strong move in this context
and drafted their AI policy:

- https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/AI_policy
- https://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org/msg99042.html

I personally agree with the author's rationale on the aspects pointed out
(copyright, quality and ethical ones). But at this point I guess we might have
more questions than answers, that's why I think it'd be helpful to have some
input before suggesting any concrete proposals. Perhaps the most important step
now is to get an idea of how Debian folks actually feels about this matter.
And how we feel about moving in a similar direction to what the gentoo project
did.

If things move in a somewhat consensual direction, I intend to bring the
discussion to -vote in order to discuss a possible GR.

Bests,

--
tvaz