Yes, I am using Debian 12.5. It's a new install on a Dell laptop, which
previously ran Windows, and it never had any cooling issues.

The fan runs at very high RPM (probably on maximum) for a couple of seconds on
boot.

It seems to happen at the point where it reaches this line:
[OK] Reached target sound.target - Sound card.

The fan otherwise behaves normally, and sound plays fine, except XFCE event
sounds don't work (log in/out, emptying trash, etc).

Best regards,

Jeff

Jun 14, 2024, 04:29 by to...@tuxteam.de: