Hi,

I've just uploaded grail into non-free.

I have worked on grail because I like the idea of writing a fully
fledged web browser in a scripting language (like Perl or Python.

Unfortunately the package is not free, according to the DFSG[1].  I
was about to skip the whole thing after I first read the license.
After that I got in touch with developers of Grail.  I got the
impression that the new version of grail will be released under a
license which meets our Free Software Guidelines.

Given the expression that the next version will be free, I have
uploaded this package.  If the next version doesn't meet the DFSG I
will request its removal if I'm still the maintainer of the package at
that time.

| 3.  Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, in
| particular, the license granted by CNRI under paragraph 2 above, if
| Licensee, at its sole cost and expense, uses the Software to prepare a
| derivative work that is based on or incorporates the Software or any
| part thereof, and wants to make the derivative work available to the
| public for commercial or noncommercial purposes, or uses the Software
| in this derivative form to provide a service to the public, then
| Licensee hereby agrees: (i) to indicate in any such work, in a
| prominently visible way, the specific modifications made to CNRI's
| Software; (ii) not to introduce any modifications known to be harmful,
| or where there is reason to believe they will be harmful, to other
| users and their systems; and (iii) to notify CNRI of any release or
| other use of Licensee's derivative work.

This is an excerpt of the Grail license that doesn't match our own
Free Software Guidelines.

Since I don't speak Python and only use Grail very occasionally I
would appreciate if another Debian maintainer would take over
maintenance.

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract

Gruesse,

        Joey