On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 04:33:35PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar writes:
> > On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:41:13AM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > So, because there were no objections to the python 2.1/2.2 removal,
> > > I'll be proceeding with that.
> >
> > Done now, I'd like to announce this, together with some warning about
> > default python version changes, if they're going to happen soon (best to
> > not to have multiple separate announcements if they can be joined).
> > It'll be a bit (about 24h) before a dropped python2.1 & python2.2 will
> > reach the mirrors, and impact should be reasonably limited, so otoh, it
> > isn't totally required.
> >
> > So, any opinion on the -defaults change, esp. from Matthias of course,
> > is very welcomed.
>
> ok, I did run out of time last weekend, however python2.5,
> python2.3-doc, python2.4-doc are in NEW.

Cool

> According your logic about vacation times, the change of the default
> version probably should not be done before Easter.

I don't know, while some people (including, at least, myself) will be
unavailable during Easter to do any Debian work, others might rather
have lots of time because of it being a holiday and no daytime job being
in the way. Having this change done before easter will leverage both
groups of people.

But I don't care about the exact timing, but I do think we should really
do this sooner rather than later, to get things going. Therefore, I'd
like to urge you to simply do the move, and have anyone interested help
out fixing up all the packages that get broken by it and need an update.

> Unfortunately FTP masters did reject the Zope2.x upload, which uses
> python2.4. Any reasons for that? Zope2.7 already was scheduled for
> removal.

Can you please be more specific? And/or reply to the REJECT mail, as it
states at the bottom of every reject? That way, all the info is at hand
for us ftp-people to look into it. I can't find any NEW reject for
zope2.anything during the whole of 2006. At least listing the exact
filename of the .changes is already very useful to find the upload
you're talking about.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (also for Jabber & MSN; ICQ: 33944357)