Le mercredi 10 mai 2006 à 16:32 +0200, Marc Dequènes a écrit :
> I wonder how some situations (if existing) may be solved as long as we
> have unique non-versioned scripts-only packages and compiled modules
> cohabiting. When for eg python2.4-soya needs editobj, it just depends on
> python-editobj which provides all versions (so the needed version too),
> and slune ask for a specific soya version depending on the current
> Python version, that's easy. Now if i make a library based on soya,
> using python-support, which would be used between slune and soya, there
> would be no way to specify from slune through the new library which soya
> version is needed. So, if my reasoning is correct, until compiled
> modules are all packaged with every version grouped in the same package
> (like suggested by doko) or we find another solution, mixing
> python-support packages and compiled modules could be a problem.

As Steve suggested, this can be solved by introducing a new variable
named ${python:Provides} in dh_python, which will read the .version as
well. Then, python-editobj will have a
        Provides: python2.3-editobj, python2.4-editobj
and python2.4-soya will need a
        Depends: python2.4, python2.4-editobj
: :' :           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
`. `'                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]