On Sat, 2010-30-01 at 08:14 +0530, Umang wrote:
> What is the best directory structure for a python application?
>
> If I have a package called foo that installs a script called foo and
> package called foo, this is what I would do:
>
>      foo                            python script
>      Foo/                          package

Looking at /usr/local/ on my system where I have 'sphinx' and
'mercurial' installed, I see:

1. mercurial
        BINDIR/hg
        LIBDIR/mercurial
        LIBDIR/hgext
2. sphinx
        BINDIR/sphinx-*
        LIBDIR/sphinx/

Where LIBDIR concatenates 'python', 'site-packages', FOO-V.egg

A common solution seems to be not giving the script the same name as the
package so you might try:

        BINDIR/fubar
        LIBDIR/foo/

--