On 19 May 2012 18:19, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
> Ideally, upstream would mock these for the majority of, if not all the tests.
> It would be fine if there were non-unittests (i.e. integration tests) that
> used the real dbus, but these could be disabled for the builds.

(Upstream is also me, in this case)

Mocking would be valuable for testing the callback infrastructure, but
apart from that, it's just a wrapper around making dbus calls. So the
most important thing for the tests is to check my interpretation of
the notifications spec against an established implementation. That's
simple enough for local testing (I just see a series of
notifications), but doing it on a headless server was more tricky. In
any case, it works now, even if it means 300 lines of code has 50MB of
build-dependencies. ;-)

Thanks,
Thomas