Hi Aric,

The Networkx archive on pypi, for the 1.9 release, is about 35 MB, while
the one for 1.8.1 was a bit more than 800k. Having a look, it's looking
like the PyPi tarball contains a lot of documentation generated files,
which shouldn't be there.

As a consequence, I used what is on github to package the new release
1.9 in Debian. Do you think you could fix the PyPi tarball in the
future, to remove these?

Also, there's some non-free files in your source code. Namely:
- examples/javascript/force/d3
- doc/source/static/force/d3js

These are considered binary blobs and non-free in Debian, so I had to
remove them. It'd be nice if you could consider replacing these
minimized javascript by the real source code instead. If you wish to
still use minimized versions, you can use a compressor at build time in
your setup.py. For example, you could use something like this to do the job:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django_compressor/

however, it doesn't seem critical for your python module.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: Thanks a lot for writing in the Debian bug tracker about the fact
that 1.9 fixed the FTBFS (Fail To Build From Source) bug. The new
package using the 1.9 release will reach Debian in less than 2 days now.