On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 at 22:44 Dmitry Shachnev <mity...@debian.org> wrote:

> Python 3.4 is still the default version in Debian. We can't do the switch
> at once, so the transition is split into three steps:
>
> 1) Add Python 3.5;
> 2) Make 3.5 the default;
> 3) Remove Python 3.4.
>
> We are currently in the end of first step, AFAIK. And Python 3.4 will
> be removed only when all three steps are finished.

Ok, so I guess this means some packages (at the moment) will run tests
against Python 3.5, but some won't.

What is the best way of calling unittest2 from debian/rules? Is the
following - which I suspect won't use Python 3.5 until it becomes the
default - OK, or should I try to do something that iterates over all Python
versions?

 override_dh_auto_test:
    python -m unittest2 discover -v
    python3 -m unittest2 discover -v

(also somebody said "python -m unittest2.discover" however I found that
didn't work)