On Jun 21, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

>I'd simply create new source package with new binary packages and remove
>src:pep8 even from Stretch (once all rev. dependencies use new package).

Yep, I'm leaning toward this, or at least creating a new source package for
pycodestyle.  I think there are enough backward compatibility concerns that we
should leave it to reverse-dependencies to make the switch.  Whether or not we
remove pep8 from Stretch is a separate decision, but I'd be okay with that
if/when all the revdeps get ported over.

Cheers,
-Barry