> On Nov 21, 2016, at 6:33 PM, Barry Warsaw <ba...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> I have not started to look at what if anything needs to be done to transition
> to pip 9, but if you have a strong opinion one way or the other, please weigh
> in.

As one might expect, I would prefer it if folks got 9.0.1 as quickly as
possible. In particular the feature that makes it easier for upstreams to drop
Python 2 support is one that is really only effective when people can consider
pip 9 a "minimum" version of pip to support. Getting it into the hands of folks
as quickly as possible would be a big boon to that.

—
Donald Stufft