Hey,

On 09/11/19 2:42 am, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> On 19-11-08 16 h 01, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi intri!
>>
>> I'm very glad to count you as a member of the team! Welcome. [1]
>> I'd be glad if more perl team members join, it's so much always a
>> pleasure to meet you at each debconf.
>>
>> On 11/8/19 8:54 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>>>  - In https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin,
>>>    the "Policy About Maintainer and Uploaders Fields" section
>>>    mentions an "unwritten policy". Said policy seems to have been
>>>    written since:
>>>
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
>> It's probably time to revisit this policy. I've heard many voices
>> telling that a package should either be in the team, or just not, and I
>> very much agree with this. This middle-ground makes no sense.
> We now have a proper way to propose updates to the policy [1]!

I am not sure where we stand on the following idea, but I'd like to see
it float across.

Something I'd like to propose is to have more *owners* than just 5 of them.
Just having 5 people in the team who everyone relies on for being
granted access doesn't seem like a very nice idea to me. Whilst they are
doing a nice job, I feel every DD[1] should be able to grant access.
I don't quite like how the access is just limited to 5 people throughout
debian-python.

[1]: we can come up with some other metric to bump ACL level, too, but
we should *definitely* come up with something. One way forward is to add
DDs as owner and every other person as a maintainer. Suggestions open.

Best,
Utkarsh