Dear DPT,

I am a contributor to FreedomBox, a Debian pure blend for home servers. The main package in the FreedomBox project is a Django-based web application. Automated testing of this web application in the browser is done using a set of tools based on Selenium and Pytest. However, some of the required packages are not available in Debian yet. They are

- splinter
- pytest-splinter
- pytest-bdd
- pytest-xvfb

The current process for installation of packages for testing can be found here:
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/blob/master/plinth/tests/functional/install.sh

These packages are generally useful for testing all web applications developed on Debian. Since they are all Python packages, I think it makes sense to maintain them as part of the Debian Python Team. I intend to package these libraries with collaborative maintenance from the DPT.

Note: Some of the dependencies of the above packages might have to be packaged as well. Firefox gecko driver is also required but is out of scope for DPT.

My Salsa username: @njoseph (https://salsa.debian.org/njoseph)

I hereby declare that I have read the Policy document of the Debian Python Team at https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst and that I accept it.

Thanks.

--