On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 09:55:17AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 22.08.24 21:37, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would it be possible to remove 2to3 from Python3.12 without waiting for
> > 3.13 ?
> >
> > I see in the meantime a new usage was brought back.
> >
> > I'll check if this "slimit" package can be easily switched to
> > python3-fissix;
> > which is a 2to3 fork that is already used to keep python3-nose
> > artificially alive.
>
> I'd like to avoid addressing a single module. 3.13 has a whole bunch of
> modules that are removed in the standard library.
>
> What's the status of filing bug reports for all these removed modules?
>
> Matthias

Lintian does do a check for them: uses-deprecated-python-stdlib
but beware of false positives, in particular for uu and crypt; see
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1077324 (which is
now pending an upload).  (There used to be a website
lintian.debian.org where you could search reports by tag, but that
doesn't seem to exist any more, and I haven't had any luck searching
with UDD.)

Best wishes,

   Julian