On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 06:17:07PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Package: libnids
> Severity: grave
>
> "The TCP reassembly functionality in libnids before 1.18 allows remote
> attackers to cause "memory corruption" and possibly execute arbitrary code
> via "overlarge TCP packets."
>
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2003-0850
>
> An update to version 1.18 should be sufficient to correct the problem.
>
> I am copying [EMAIL PROTECTED], since that is the only reverse
> dependency.  This package is orphaned and could be removed if this bug is
> not fixed.

I'm having a look at this. However, upstream have changed libnids'
SONAME to libnids.so.1.18, so the package name will have to change to
libnids1.18; Steve, you'll need to give dsniff a Build-Depends: libnids
(>= 1.18-1) and re-upload to make its dependencies match.

I was going to switch to libnet1-dev too while I was at it, but it
appears that dsniff won't be able to cope with that, so it can wait.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]