Hello Stefano,

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> This does not correspond to what lintian.debian.org is doing, partly for
> the PTS bug, partly for (I guess, though I'm not sure) a lintian bug
> which does not replace with "__" for the last character of maintainer
> name.  For example, at [2], if you look for "Adeodato Simó" you will
> notice that the resulting link is
> http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mAdeodato_Sim.html (and indeed PTS
> pages for packages maintained by dato have 404 lintian links!).
>
> So, question, what is the actual algorithm used by lintian.d.o to patch
> maintainer names?

The script used to generate the html pages is available at:
http://svn.wolffelaar.nl/lintian/trunk/reporting/html_reports

There you will find this code:
        $file =~ s/^(.+)\<.*$/$1/;
        $file =~ tr/A-Za-z0-9_.,/_/c;
        $file =~ s/^_+//g;
        $file =~ s/_+$//g;

> Beside that, should I really need to implement that in the PTS as well?
> The alternative is that lintian.d.o is willing to implement a simpler
> naming scheme, for example using maintainer email and creating URLs like
> http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mEMAIL. In email you can patch "@"
> with the usual URL escape and be done with that. What about it? I think
> the resulting URL would even be easier to guess out of the blue.

I've already tried once to fix this problem and even submitted a patch, but
I recommend you to read the whole bug report[1].
It would be great if you could finish my work on that.

> Many thanks in advance, Cheers.

Sincerely,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.