Package: qa.debian.org
Severity: wishlist

        Hi,

 In the Debian GNOME Team, we're PTS subscribed to most of our packages,
 but for some of them the Maintainer: is set to the team's email
 address.  What regularly happens is that the packages with the team as
 Maintainer end up subscribed to the PTS as well (because we switched
 the Maintainer field and didn't update the PTS), or we forget to
 subscribe a package to the PTS after changing to a real maintainer.

 This often leads to duplicate messages on our list (bug reports,
 testing migrations notes) or -- worse -- we don't see messages for some
 of our packages.

 It would be easier if we could simply subscribe to the PTS of all
 packages all the time, but the PTS would exclude the Maintainer: from
 the subscribers when sending emails which are already sent to the
 Maintainer upstream (debbugs, dak etc.).

 However, some people might actually like receiving the duplicates, so
 perhaps a new "duplicates" keyword is needed so that people actually
 wanting to receive the dups can susbcribe to that keyword and receive
 them.

 What do you think?

    Thanks,

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers hardy-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500, 'hardy')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-16-generic (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

--
Loïc Minier