> Yeah, a PET successor arriving! Thanks for your work on this.

You are welcome and thank you for the suggestions :)

> Right.
>
> So what I like about PET and what I'd like to see kept (this also
> answers the question about which fields/information):
>
> - in general the focus on the VCS
> - the separation into sections by categories of _what_ needs to be
>   done: upload from VCS, fix RC bugs, import new upstream releases,
> - for each package a clear view of the versions
>   in the VCS, in the archive (in all suites), and upstream
> - anomalies like missing tags
>
> Lucas posted a link to a PET3 instance above. I've now undusted my
> personal instance of the original PET (the one before PET2 and PET3):
> https://www.toastfreeware.priv.at/cgi-bin/pet.cgi

This show some more features than the current incarnation (please
> ignore the design and the completely outdated data).
> I made/make heavy use in PET(3) of all the hover items: the trailer
> of the changelog of the last upload (with links to the full changelog
> in a popup), the links to the bugs (in Debian and upstream, if
> forwarded), in the old PET also the patches or the indicators for
> wrong Maintainer/Uploaders fields. And also, although it's
> not very coherent, the background coloruing and/or hovers that
> indicate _why_ a package is in a given section.

This looks awesome, shows a lot of information in a single page and the
more button shows all the information about a package in one single popover.
Thanks for sharing :)

I guess the difficult part (apart from getting VCS information in
> real-time) is to make a layout which includes lots of information
> just one click or hover away and still showing the key facts (the
> main TODO for this package) at first glance.

Yes, I would do my best to include everthing at first glance.

---
Thank you,