Hi Thomas!

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 09:58:36PM -0400, Thomas Ward wrote:
> Source: qtchooser
> Severity: wishlist
>
> It was determined from
> https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt/qtchooser/-/merge_requests/2 and a
> downstream Ubuntu bug on Qt6 not working that QtChooser is dead upstream on
> purpose.
>
> If it is dead upstream on purpose and should NOT work with Qt6, could we add
> a Breaks on qt6 and higher, since it is only kept around for Qt5 support and
> not breaking Qt5 applications that rely on it?  Therefore indicating that
> Qt6 is not and *will* not be supported on the now-dead-upstream project?

qtchooser is perfectly co-installable with Qt 6 libraries, and I don't see why
we should disallow people to use qtchooser (for Qt 5) while also having Qt 6
installed.

Eventually qtchooser will be removed, but the majority of Qt software is still
using Qt 5 and not Qt 6, so it's still useful and it's very likely that users
will have both Qt 5 and Qt 6 installed.

--
Dmitry Shachnev