FYI, chromium's documentation about this stuff is here:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/hunspell_dictionaries/+/refs/heads/main/README.chromium

It appears that the dictionary files are versioned, and those versions are matched in chromium's source code:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/refs/heads/main/components/spellcheck/common/spellcheck_common.cc

My understanding is that .config/chromium/Dictionaries isn't the source of dictionaries; when you add a language to chromium, a .bdic file for that (already installed) language doesn't show up there unless you first add the language in the "Preferred languages" chromium config screen, and then go into the spelling config screen and manually select that language under "Use spell check for".

Given the versioning, I'm not sure how you'd go about using shared bdic files between chromium and qt. I'm open to ideas, though. Btw, you can see the versioning happening in my own Dictionaries directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 dilinger dilinger 442K Apr 25 14:45 en-US-10-1.bdic
-rw-r--r-- 1 dilinger dilinger 437K Oct 15  2018 en-US-8-0.bdic
-rw-r--r-- 1 dilinger dilinger 442K Apr 13  2020 en-US-9-0.bdic

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 01:53, Soren Stoutner <so...@stoutner.com> wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2022 1:09:04 AM MST Rene Engelhard wrote:
>This being the case, I think it would be better to use a file location more >like /usr/share/chromium-dict, and, if packaged separately, a package name
 >like chromium-dict-en-us.

 And what about other qtwebengine using stuff?

I just did some testing, and manually adding a .bdic into the ~/.config/ chromium/Dictionaries directory does not make it automatically appear in the list of available languages in Chromium’s settings. Meaning that Chromium doesn’t scan the directory to see what is available, but that there is some config file somewhere that must be populated with the dictionaries that Chromium
expects to use.