Hi Tobias and all,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 06:10:52PM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
> Control: reassign -1 pyside2
> Control: affects -1 freecad
>
> This has been introduced by the upload of pyside3, which changed the
> libary name without managing that reverse dependencies so that they rebuilt.
>
> Dear pyside2 maintainers, please be more thoughtful and manage your
> transistions more carefully. This happend already in the past, see #1013881.

First, what you called an upload, was actually a binNMU rebuild against
Python 3.12 as default version.

Then, it is upstream pyside2 buildsystem that enforces that Python version
number is part of the library file name:

https://sources.debian.org/src/pyside2/5.15.14-1/sources/pyside2/libpyside/CMakeLists.txt/#L102

libpyside2 is an internal interface for pyside2, which is not documented
(and thus not intended for wide use), and freecad is the only package
build-depending on libpyside2-dev.

However, freecad seems to support this convention with config suffixes:

https://sources.debian.org/src/freecad/0.21.2+dfsg1-4/cMake/FreeCAD_Helpers/SetupShibokenAndPyside.cmake/#L33

So, probably it just needs to be binNMUed together with pyside2, and that
will solve the problem.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

--
Dmitry Shachnev