tag 318169 + moreinfo wontfix
thanks

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:25:21AM +1200, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Package: libarts1
> Version: 1.3.2-4
> Severity: normal
>
> Running mozilla-firefox inside artsdsp, so that flash animations (etc)
> can be played via artsdsp is giving inconsistent playback quality.
>
> To reproduce;
>
>   - run up artsd
>
>   - set some soft background music, that your boss likes, going in
>     xmms playing via xmms-arts
>
>   - start mozilla-firefox with artsdsp
>
>   - go to
>     http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/LumberghOfficeSpace.swf
>
>   - for best effect, wait for your boss to ask you to do something, or
>     otherwise say something which could almost be or is a quote from
>     Office Space (1999), then click the button corresponding to what
>     he just said on the sound board.
>
> The sound comes out, but it sounds broken up and jerky.
>
> The correct behaviour would be to play back the sound unbroken, so
> that he hears what he just said played back to him, but layered in low
> over the softcock music.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam.

  afaict that could also be a flash bug, and I don't see any proof that
it's not. so except if you have more insight on why this is arts fault,
please consider closing that bug and "bugging macromedia" instead (yeah
closed source software hurts).

  also consider that firefox is supposed to be able to use arts directly
(without artsdsp need) and TTBOMK it just works. so please try to use
arts from within firefox first.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]