Le 18.11.2006, à 01:12:04, Ana Guerrero a écrit:
> Hi,

Hello Ana, and all,

> It seems kpilot has already been ported to work with new pilot-link 0.12,
> but it has two problems.
>
> First, kpilot is being maintained outside the KDE SVN, so the code we're
> shipping in kdepim is not longer maintained. It is not clear whether
> they're going back to maintain it inside the KDE SVN. The current code is
> available at http://cvs.codeyard.net/kpilot/

That is bad news. Any plan to package this new version instead?

The new web site has version KPilot 4.5.3 (peuter) 2005-07-21. The svn
version includes a copy of pilot-link 0.12 so should work with libpisock9
available in etch (testing).

> Second, this code includes its own copy of pilot-link, and i do not know
> whether it is only to make the program building easier, or because
> modifications over pilot link are necessary.

That is bad news. Why are they doing that?
I propose to NOT use the pilot-link-0.12 provided by KPilot. And file
bugs against pilot-link if bugs must be corrected.

> I do not understand why care was not taken to avoid breaking the
> reverse dependencies when the transition from pilot-link was made.

This was planned. See [1]. I could not test every package using
libpisock. kpilot recompiled correctly so I assumed the code to use
pilot-link 0.12 was in place. This is not the case and some parts of
kpilot are now non working.

We clearly have a problem with kpilot upstream(s):
- The new version is no more maintained as part of kdepim (and Debian is
  packaging kpilot as part of KDE kdepim). Trying to solve the kiplot
  provided by kdepim looks like a waste of time.
- I can't find an stable release of the new version. Only the current
  svn version is available. I don't think it is a good idea to provide
  in etch an work-in-progress version of kpilot.

I don't know what is the plan of the debian-qt-kde maintainers. I do not
use KDE or kpilot so I can't really test it.

Bye

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2006/09/msg00108.html

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --