Hi there,

I upgraded Kaddressbook on a different machine. On this machine I get two
entries in the left column, both called std.vcf. Unfortunately both seem to be
lacking current data. At least when viewed in Kaddressbook. I don't know where
those addressbooks come from and if they are really from .kde/share/apps/kabc/

>From what I gather they have very old versions of my addressbook. Maybe an old
>std.vcf__X or something.

This could be dangerous for someone who upgrades Kaddressbook and does not
check if the data is current, but starts to edit the "old" version in the
current programm. If they have a large addressbook they would have a hard time
trying to sync both version once they find out.

Malte