> Do you have pulseaudio installed by chance?

Yes, and pulseaudio itself works. Running e.g. 'paplay
/usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In.ogg' plays correctly.

I also tried vlc directly, and while running 'vlc
/usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In.ogg' produces sound, only the first few
seconds are correct, then it speeds up and plays too fast until the end. Not
sure if that is related or different.

> If possible, ask on IRC on #debian-kde in oftc.net mentioning this bug (and
> please be patient, we may take some time to reply :-) )

I'm there and I did ask, but I can do it again.

Thanks for your reply!

Sten