Hi!

Ldten K wrote:
> Package: ark
> Version: 4:4.8.4-2

> I can confirm that the bug still exists in wheezy. It also appears that a
> patch has been suggested to Ark/KDE developers by one of the users but KDE
> developers are not responsive.

> This bug has been open for five(!) years and it doesn't look like it's going
> to be fixed any time soon by KDE. Maybe Debian could apply the path to its
> internal sources without waiting for KDE? Thanks

That functionality is currently available in dolphin, setting Open archives as
folder in the Navigation section of the settings window. Also, the patch was
reviewed [1] by upstream developers and pointed out a number of "issues".

I don't think it's a good idea to apply this patch for Debian, as long as
upstream developers don't accept it. On the other hand, please, if you have
the time to check the issues that upstream pointed out it would be a great
improvement to ark.

[1]: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103690/
--
"If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative programs, by
the same token they deserve to be punished if they restrict the use of these