On 2013-07-24, Holger Schröder <hol...@holgis.net> wrote:
> Can somebody explain to me how these qt5 packages (qtchooser,
> qtbase, qt* ) are built e.g. on the debian and kubuntu
> infrastructure ?

They are built by the build daemon infrastructure basically by doing
apt-get source qtchooser ; sbuild foo.dsc.
sbuild then calls into dpkg-buildpackage.

using dpkg-buildpackage is the official interface for building debs.
anything on top of that is just wrappers and icing that e.g. ensures
that the build-dependenceis and nothing else is installed in a build
environment.

But yes. you need the tarball from 'upstream' and the descriptions of
the debian build.

These elements is a compressed tarball each, and then there is a
metadata file, a dsc file, which describes the tarballs (filenames, size
and checksums).

You might want to read the new maintainers guide.

/Sune