On Wednesday 15 January 2014 18:17:19 Wookey wrote:
> Source: qt4-x11
> Version: 4.8.5
> Severity: normal
> Tags: patch
> User: debian-...@lists.debian.org
> Usertag: arm64
>
> This package fails to build on arm64 without this patch. It is largely
> based on the ubuntu patches in  4:4.8.4+dfsg-0ubuntu15,
> 4:4.8.4+dfsg-0ubuntu17, and the important fix in
> 4:4.8.4+dfsg-0ubuntu18), but has a few changes.

[snip]

> 2) It uses linux-g++ PLATFORM and adds the -fpermissive CFLAG to enable
> it to build rather than defining a new almost-identical
> linux-g++-aarch64 PLATFORM because that seems to be unnecessary and less
> clean. However I am no QT expert so there may be a good reason for doing
> it the other way. I have left that definition file in so you can see
> what was done, but so far as I can see the linux-g++ definitions are
> correct. A look at why -fpermissive is needed might be a good thing, but
> is beyond my ken.

OK, I have taken a look at this. Indeed defining a new mkspec *just* for arm64
doesn't sounds right at all.

WRT the fpermissive, well, I would need to see which errors are being
triggered without that flag. Do you have an arm64 build log without -
fpermissive at hand? Else, are you able to create one for seeing what's going
on?

= JIT stuff: except for the stuff in debian/rules, it is actually conflicting
with other patches we are currently having in that respect:

rejects in file src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/Platform.h

But I have modified those already so there is nothing to fear there, it's a
simple matter of touching the current patches.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/