On 2 October 2014 at 09:24, Tim Haynes <thay...@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> > I'm working with the other VOS admin/developers here to get this branch
>> > published on github, so that will at least give something concrete to
>> test and
>> > we can take it from there how it makes its way into Debian.
>>
>> Currently we are maintaining virtuoso in Debian (as part of the KDE team)
>> just
>> because nepomuk requires it, but as everything in KDE is moving to baloo
>> and
>> xapian, we plan to orphan virtuoso after the jessie release.
>>
>> Please, if you are interested in maintaining it consider I wouldnt mind to
>> review the packages and speed the orphan/adoption.
>>

> OK - development have a handful of tweaks to what I've done so far, so
> it'll be a couple of days but thereafter, we'll take it on.

Hi all,

OK, it's been a little more than a couple of days even by my standards. But
we have things to show!
The current develop/7 branch on github
<https://github.com/openlink/virtuoso-opensource/> contains a completely
revamped debian/ subdirectory; we've merged some aspects of work done for
the LOD2 project and reviewed the existing Debian patches; the result is an
upstream source tree that builds a pleasantly granular set of packages
(server, minimal server, ODBC drivers, JDBC drivers, etc) natively.
This will be included in release 7.2 due hopefully very soon.

It seems this would be a fortuitous moment to ask: if I'm wanted to be
regarded as the VOS maintainer in Debian, how do I go about officially
signing on?

Regards,

~Tim
--