On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 05:57:04AM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
> which was filed against the kde-plasma-desktop package:
>
> #794192: kde-plasma-desktop: recent testing dist-upgrade makes kde-plasma go
> crazy.
>
> It has been closed by Scott Kitterman <deb...@kitterman.com>.

> > Dear Maintainer,
> >
> > I have recently dist-upgrade d my debian testing on my laptop.
> > Kde plasma went crazy. No x in right corner of frame windows.
> > konsole text area never gets focus. Alt-f2 does not work.
> >
> > konsole unusable cause no focus.
> >
> > I am using gnome to file this bug, cause kde-plasma is broke.
>
> We think that we understand what's missing and the balance of the needed
> packages should migrate to testing today.  In the meantime, it sounds like the
> major thing you are missing is kwin.  You can execute manually using
> /usr/bin/kwin_x11.  That should help considerably.

It has been 4 days since this bug was closed, but the problem
persists. dist-ugrade does say
"The following packages have been kept back:
  db5.1-util kde-full kde-plasma-desktop kde-standard plasma-desktop"

How long till this problem is fixed?
Should I reopen this bug?
Thank You.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelli...@blackpatchpanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J