Am Montag, 10. August 2015, 23:35:38 schrieb Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez
Meyer:
> retitle 794937 phonon-qt5 packages should not depend/recommend
> phonon-backend thanks
>
> I think the problem is that the virtual package phonon-backend is provided
> by phonon-backend-gstreamer, phonon-backend-null, phonon-backend-vlc,
> phonon4qt5- backend-gstreamer
>
> Now what amazes me is that quassel is using qt4, so it shouldn't be using
> qt5's phonon...

I have seen crashes also with Digikam and Amarok which went away after I
purged phonon-backend-vlc and phonon4qt5-backend-vlc packages. It was not
sufficient to just select gstreamer backend in systemsettings. I bet this sets
the new default for Phonon 4 for Qt 5, but not for Phonon 4 for Qt 4.

Thanks,
--
Martin