Am 20.08.2015 um 20:56 schrieb Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer:
> reopen 796166
> tag 796166 wontfix
> thanks
[...]
> I admit you are right and I was wrong, my apologies and let's solve this by
> reopening the bug and marking it as wontfix for the time being.

Thanks for reopening the bug report.

> On the other hand we the maintainers do not currently consider this a Qt bug,
> so feel free to clone it and reassign it to gcc.

I fear we would end up with reassign-ping-pong because both upstreams
believe the other one is to blame for the bug.

>> Since
>> all of your reverse-dependencies are affected, I won't be the only one
>> who stumbles about this new behaviour.
>
> Not that much. Most of the dependencies will get the correct flags from qt's
> .pro/.pri or cmake files automatically. Those who don't have just discovered
> bug. And if Qt is not passing the right flags (which I doubt looking at the
> lastests KDE builds) please do file a bug against src:qtbase-opensource-src
> specifying the problem.

Freeciv and Poppler use autotools for building their packages. If I read
the Qt upstream bug correctly
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-45755) they consider
autoconf-based Qt builds to be a side issue which is a pity. Apparently
Freeciv uses -fPIC for the Qt build but it gets overridden when -pie and
all other hardening build flags are appended to the command-line and
this breaks the whole build. I'm not aware of a simple way to build
certain components of Freeciv (SDL- or GTK client) with -pie and the Qt
client without -pie.

My Freeciv bug report can be found here:

http://gna.org/bugs/?23797

Thanks for your other explanations. I'm sure you guys do a great job
with maintaining Qt and KDE as a whole for Debian.

Regards,

Markus