Hello,

I was packaging libaccounts-glib for the KDE team and Scott Kitterman noticed
a ./usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Accounts.py (and python3
version) in gir1.2-accounts-1.0. I saw you're the maintainer for python-gi and
probably understand how the gi/override is supposed to work.

He thinks I should add a python dependency for the package, I think that the
Accounts.py is incidental to the operation of a gir1.2 package, as I
understand it typelibs can be used by other languages.

I was hoping you could weigh in what the gi/override directory is for, and if
gir1.2- packages that contain a gi/override should have a dependency on
python?

This is the start of the thread of you want to review our discussion so far.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/e1zayue-0003zv...@franck.debian.org

(And just in general is there documentation about how typelibs work? I've had
some trouble finding it)

Diane Trout